Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Beginning

A Little About Me

My name is Christine. What do I say? My husband and I began dating when I was 16. We went to school together in a very small town in Texas. I stuck out like a sore thumb because I was the only pagan in town with the only lesbian as a sister. When we graduated, my boyfriend and I moved to Indiana so I could attend college. The summer after my freshman year I discovered I was pregnant. We came home to be with our families and to welcome Jareth into our lives on New Year's Day 2007. I tried attending more college but could never get back into the groove I had once had. So I gave it up to be a stay at home mom. I was given the chance to begin babysitting for others out of my home. I finally got married in 2009 to the incredible man I was, and had been, in love with. We have now been a couple for 10+ years! In 2011 we moved to a small apartment where I took on more kids, he got fulltime at his job, and we were finally able to have another child! We welcomed Livia to the family in April of 2012, after 3 years of trying for her. Add a dog in the mix, Brewster, our pitbull/lab mix, and we are one happy family.

But I am not your typical parent. I still practice polytheism while I take my son to church every Sunday. I never tell him lies, trying to be as honest about the world as I can. My husband and I do use spanking as a disciplinary tool, although not very often. We come from families with an extremely random mix of people. And most of what I believe, teach my kids, and support would get me more than a few frowns from others. But I think most of that is ok, because I love my children more than anything, I am trying very hard to raise them to be good members of society, and I try to make the world a happy place. 

So if you are looking for someone just as unique and special as you, or are just trying to what different parents are like and are willing to open your mind. Welcome! This is going to be a wild journey as I try to make life amazing for my children and try to make it a little better for those around me. I hope you have as much fun as I plan to!

No comments:

Post a Comment